This tablet is a little different than the ones we have reviewed in the past as it is the first one that runs full windows. This is a big advantage over the standard android tablets due to its ability to run full windows apps instead of being limited to just mobile friendly apps.
The screen runs an average quality 1280×800 which falls short of some of the more luxurious full 1080p tablets we’ve looked at. But there has to be a trade-off somewhere to achieve a sub $100 price tag AND Microsoft Windows. However the screen has a nice bright back-light and can be viewed from just about any angle.
What really surprises me about this tablet is the quad core processor. It’s likely the reason the tablet is a bit heavier than some, but it preforms GREAT. It runs a 1.8 GHz Intel Atom and most applications run without a hitch.
It supports every file type that a standard windows computer would so no conversion is needed when you decide to watch a movie or view a photo gallery.
Microsoft also includes a full year of their Office products and a large 1TB of online storage with their cloud drive.
- Under $100
- 1.8GHZ Dual Core Processor (FAST)
- 32GB Storage Space
- 5-point Multi-touch HD Screen
- Bluetooth AND WiFi
- Runs FULL Windows, not Windows RT
- Microsoft Office included
- HEAVY: 0.8 pounds
- Screen isn’t full HD
- Screen is not made of Gorilla glass
- A few of our chargers would not work with this tablet. Most do though.
- Tablet Name: HP Stream 7
- Screen Size: 7″
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Atom Quad Core
- Ram: 1 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Wifi: b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Dimensions: 0.39 x 4.25 x 7.34 inches
- Colors: Black